Italian Stuffed Tomatoes
Servings and Ingredients
|1 c.||uncooked Hy-Vee instant brown rice|
|6||large, ripe tomatoes|
|¼ c.||Hy-Vee shredded Parmesan|
|2 tbsp.||chopped fresh basil leaves|
|2 tbsp.||chopped fresh parsley leaves|
|2 tbsp.||Hy-Vee Select garlic-flavored olive oil|
|Hy-Vee salt and freshly ground Hy-Vee black pepper, to taste|
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, cut a 1/2-inch-thick slice off the top of each tomato; reserve tops. Scoop seeds, pulp and juice from each tomato into a small bowl. Reserve 1/4 cup of the tomato juice and pulp. Discard remaining seeds, pulp and juice.
- Spray an 11-by-7-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Place tomatoes in prepared dish.
- Toss rice with reserved tomato juice and pulp. Stir in Parmesan cheese, basil, parsley and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon rice mixture into the tomatoes and place reserved tomato slices on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until rice is heated through and cheese is melted. Serve warm.
120 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 6g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Sodium: 75mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 13g
- Protein: 4g
Vitamin A 35%
Vitamin C 40%