Asparagus Omelet Breakfast Sandwich
Tangy goat cheese lends a distinctive earthy flavor to a springtime omelet served in a warm croissant.
Servings and Ingredients
|5||fresh asparagus spears|
|2 slice(s)||Hy-Vee bacon|
|2 tsp.||Hy-Vee Select olive oil|
|Hy-Vee salt and Hy-Vee black pepper, to taste|
|2||Hy-Vee large eggs|
|1 tsp.||chopped fresh tarragon|
|1 tbsp.||Hy-Vee butter|
|2 oz.||plain goat cheese|
|1||Hy-Vee Bakery large croissant, split and warmed|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Snap off and discard woody ends from asparagus. Arrange asparagus and bacon slices on prepared baking sheet. Brush with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast, uncovered, for 10 to 12 minutes or until asparagus is fork-tender and bacon is deep golden-brown and crispy. Remove from oven and crumble 1 slice of bacon. Cover and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, water and tarragon; season with salt and black pepper.
- Preheat an 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until skillet is hot. Melt butter in skillet. Add egg mixture; reduce heat to medium. Immediately begin stirring eggs gently but continuously with a heatproof rubber spatula (as for scrambled eggs) and then swirl eggs in the pan to make a nice round appearance. Cook for 30 to 60 seconds or until egg is set.
- Add asparagus and crumbled bacon to center of omelet; crumble cheese over top. Using a spatula, lift and fold an edge of omelet about one-third of the way toward center. Fold the opposite edge toward the center. Serve omelet in croissant.
910 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 66g
- Cholesterol: 490mg
- Sodium: 840mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 43g
- Protein: 38g
Vitamin A 50%
Vitamin C 45%
Hy-Vee Seasons Spring 2015.