Easy Asparagus Omelet
Servings and Ingredients
|15||thin asparagus spears, tough ends trimmed|
|½ tsp.||olive oil|
|½ tsp.||freshly ground black pepper|
|1 tbsp.||unsalted butter|
|2 oz.||Fontina or Gouda cheese, shaved into thin slices*|
- Preheat broiler. Cut asparagus tips into 3-inch lengths, then cut remaining asparagus stalks on slight diagonal into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Toss asparagus tips in small bowl with oil to coat. Whisk eggs, salt and pepper in a large bowl to blend well.
- Melt butter in a 12-inch-diameter nonstick, ovenproof sauté pan** over medium heat, swirling pan to coat it with butter. Add asparagus slices and sauté 1 minute. Add eggs and gently stir with a silicone spatula, lifting cooked egg off bottom of skillet and stirring it into uncooked portion. Be careful not to over-stir omelet. As omelet begins to set, give one last gentle stir, then lay cheese slices and asparagus tips over omelet.
- Place pan under broiler and cook for about 1 minute, or until omelet is set on top and cheese melts. Using silicone spatula, loosen omelet from pan and slide it onto a platter. Cut omelet into wedges and serve.
- *To make it easier to shave the cheese, place it in the freezer for 30 minutes before slicing it.
- **Alternatively, you can use two 10-inch-diameter nonstick ovenproof sauté pans to make 2 smaller omelets.
320 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 22g
- Cholesterol: 580mg
- Sodium: 620mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 4g
Vitamin A 30%
Vitamin C 10%
Hy-Vee Seasons Spring 2012.