Servings and Ingredients
|3 eggs, separated|
|⅔ c. sugar|
|¼ c. sifted potato starch|
|½ c. orange juice|
|1 ¾ c. ground blanched almonds|
|½ tsp. cinnamon|
|additional potato starch, for dusting pan|
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Beat egg yolks and sugar until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Alternately beat in the potato starch and orange juice.
- Add almonds and cinnamon. Mix well.
- In a separate clean bowl, with clean beaters, beat the egg whites until stiff but not dry.
- Fold beaten egg whites into the egg yolk mixture.
- Grease an 8-inch springform pan and dust with potato starch.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cake is done when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Serve with a fruit salad.
290 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 19g
- Cholesterol: 80mg
- Sodium: 25mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 25g
- Protein: 9g