Almond Cherry Pound Cake
Servings and Ingredients
|1 ½ c. halved and pitted fresh red Bing cherries|
|½ tsp. brandy extract|
|1 ½ c. plus 1 tsp Hy-Vee granulated sugar, divided|
|1 (8 oz) package Hy-Vee cream cheese, softened|
|1 c. Hy-Vee butter, softened|
|1 ½ tsp. almond extract|
|4 Hy-Vee large eggs|
|2 ½ c. Hy-Vee flour, divided|
|1 ½ tsp. Hy-Vee baking powder|
|½ c. Hy-Vee sliced almonds, toasted*|
|½ c. Hy-Vee powdered sugar|
|1 ½ tsp. Hy-Vee skim milk|
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a small bowl, stir together cherries, brandy extract and 1 teaspoon sugar. Set aside.
- Cream together cream cheese, butter, 1 1/2 cup sugar and almond extract.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Sift together 2 1/4 cups flour and baking powder and fold into cream cheese mixture.
- Remove 1/2 cup cherry mixture and sprinkle over the bottom of an ungreased bundt pan. Stir in reserved 1/4 cup flour with remaining cherries and fold into batter.
- Top cherries in bundt pan with almonds. Spoon batter into pan on top of nuts.
- Bake for 75 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Allow cake to cool in pan.
- Remove cake from pan. Stir together powdered sugar and milk and drizzle over cake.
- * Place almond slices in a shallow baking pan and toast in a 325-degree oven for 5 to 7 minutes until lightly browned and fragrant.
320 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 17g
- Cholesterol: 90mg
- Sodium: 200mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 37g
- Protein: 5g
Vitamin A 15%
Vitamin C 2%