Greek Honey Cake
Servings and Ingredients
|5 c.||Hy-Vee frosted shredded wheat cereal|
|1 ¼ c.||boiling water|
|½ c.||Hy-Vee butter, melted and cooled|
|1 c.||chopped Hy-Vee walnuts|
|1 tsp.||Hy-Vee cinnamon|
|½ c.||Hy-Vee evaporated milk|
|½ c.||Hy-Vee sugar|
|⅛ tsp.||cream of tartar|
|¼ c.||Hy-Vee honey|
|Whipped cream or ice cream, optional|
- Place cereal in an 8-by-8-inch baking dish. Pour boiling water over cereal; cover. Chill for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Drizzle butter over chilled cereal.
- In a small bowl, combine walnuts and cinnamon. Sprinkle over cereal mixture. Pour evaporated milk evenly over cereal mixture. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
- In a 2-quart saucepan, combine sugar, water, cream of tartar and honey. Cook over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cover for the last 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour hot syrup evenly over cake when it comes out of the oven. Cool 2 hours before cutting. Cut cake into squares and serve with whipped cream or ice cream if desired.
370 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 20g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
- Sodium: 90mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 47g
- Protein: 6g
Vitamin A 6%
Vitamin C 0%
Hy-Vee frosted shredded wheat cereal.