Vegetable Medley au Gratin
Brussels sprouts, cauliflower and carrots are an ideal trio baked with smoky pancetta, creamy bechamel and sharp asiago. If you're expecting a smaller crowd, you can easily halve this recipe to serve eight.
Servings and Ingredients
|2 lbs.||Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved|
|2 lbs.||cauliflower florets|
|3 c.||sliced carrots (about 6 medium)|
|2||(3 oz each) pkg pancetta, diced|
|2 c.||finely chopped onion|
|3 tbsp.||Hy-Vee butter|
|8 clove(s)||garlic, minced|
|3 tbsp.||Hy-Vee all-purpose flour|
|2||(5 oz each) packages Hy-Vee Select shredded Asiago cheese, divided|
|Hy-Vee salt and Hy-Vee black pepper, to taste|
|3 c.||Hy-Vee heavy whipping cream|
|3 tbsp.||Hy-Vee stone ground Dijon mustard|
|½ tsp.||Hy-Vee crushed red pepper|
|½ c.||Hy-Vee panko bread crumbs|
|1 tbsp.||chopped fresh sage|
|Sage leaves, for garnish|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease two 2-quart baking dishes.
- In a large pot, cook Brussels sprouts, cauliflower and carrots in boiling water for 5 minutes; drain well. Transfer vegetables to a large bowl; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook pancetta over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, transfer pancetta to a small bowl; reserve drippings in skillet. Add onion, butter and garlic to drippings in skillet; cook and stir for 30 seconds. Stir in flour. Stir into vegetable mixture. Stir in 2/3 cup pancetta, 1 1/2 cups cheese and season with salt and pepper. Spoon into prepared baking dishes.
- In a medium bowl, stir together whipping cream, mustard and crushed red pepper. Pour evenly over vegetables in both baking dishes.
- In a small bowl, stir together remaining 1/2 cup cheese, panko, remaining pancetta and sage. Sprinkle over vegetable mixtures.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until mixture is bubbly and topping is golden. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. If desired, garnish with sage leaves.
350 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 28g
- Cholesterol: 90mg
- Sodium: 480mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 17g
- Protein: 10g
Vitamin A 110%
Vitamin C 130%
Hy-Vee Seasons Fall 2016.