Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and onion and saute for 2-3 minutes or until fragrant.
Summer Veggie and Beef Lasagna Skillet
If you're not making lasagna like this, you're probably washing a lot of dishes. This one-skillet dish just might change the way you cook forever.
Servings and Ingredients
|1 ½ tbsp. olive oil|
|2-3 cloves of garlic, minced|
|1 medium onion, diced|
|1 lean ground beef|
|Salt and pepper, to taste|
|1 zucchini, small diced|
|1 c. sliced mushrooms|
|1 (14.5-oz) can Hy-Vee fire roasted diced tomatoes|
|1 (15-oz) can Hy-Vee tomato sauce|
|2 tsp. Italian seasoning|
|½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes, optional|
|2 c. dried Hy-Vee rotini pasta|
|1 1/2-2 cups low sodium Hy-Vee beef broth|
|2 c. spinach leaves|
|3 tbsp. fresh chopped basil|
|1 (8-oz) bag shredded Hy-Vee mozzarella cheese|
|⅔ c. Hy-Vee cottage cheese|
|⅓ c. Hy-Vee ricotta cheese|
|½ c. shredded Parmesan cheese|
Things To Grab
- Add the ground beef and cook until browned, about 3-4 minutes, making sure to crumble and break down into small pieces as it cooks. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add zucchini, mushrooms, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in pasta and beef broth. Bring to a boil and cover pan with lid and reduce heat.
- Remove cover and stir pasta every 3-4 minutes so pasta does not stick to the pan. Add more water or broth as needed if liquid is evaporating too much.
- Simmer for 10 minutes and stir in spinach and fresh basil. Cover and simmer for remaining 4-5 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in mozzarella and cottage cheese. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Evenly top with dollops of ricotta cheese and shredded Parmesan cheese and cover pan for an additional 2 minutes until cheese is melted.
360 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 12g
- Cholesterol: 75mg
- Sodium: 870mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 29g
- Protein: 33g
Chef Andrew from Ankeny #1 | Adapted from Food Network