Servings and Ingredients
|1 small head cabbage|
|4 tsp. oil|
|2 small onions, finely chopped|
|1 ½ c. matzo farfel or 4 pieces of matzo, crushed|
|1 c. raisins|
|2 celery, finely chopped|
|2 tbsp. dry red wine, optional|
|⅔ c. apple juice|
|½ c. applesauce|
|1 (29 oz) can tomato sauce|
|1 c. water|
- Steam the head of cabbage in boiling water until leaves are soft. Remove cabbage from water, cool and separate leaves.
- Saute onions, farfel, raisins and celery in oil over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add red wine, apple juice and applesauce. Simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place some stuffing mixture on each cabbage leaf and fold ends in.
- Lay stuffed cabbage in a deep baking dish with folded cabbage ends down.
- Mix tomato sauce with 1 cup water. Pour over cabbage so leaves remain moist and do not dry out.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes, or until heated through.
268 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 3g
- Total Carbohydrates: 62g
- Protein: 4g
No Cholesterol Passover Recipes.