Strawberry Angel Food Dessert
Servings and Ingredients
|1 prepared angel food cake|
|1 (20 oz) can pineapple, drained, with juice reserved|
|1 packet(s) frozen strawberries, drained, with juice reserved|
|2 packet(s) strawberry Jell-O|
|1 large container Cool Whip whipped topping, thawed|
- Cut angel food cake into cubes. Set aside.
- Drain pineapple and strawberries and mix juices together.
- Prepare Jell-O as directed on package, but use the pineapple/strawberry juice for the cold water. Refrigerate until thickened.
- Remove from refrigerator and whip slightly with a mixer. Add Cool Whip to gelatin and whip. Stir in pineapple and strawberries and mix together. Pour into a 9-by-13-inch pan.
- Place the cubes of angel food cake on top. Place remaining half of gelatin mixture over cake cubes. Refrigerate until serving time.