Servings and Ingredients
|1 ¼ lbs. beef sirloin steak|
|1 c. Hy-Vee picante sauce|
|1 c. Hy-Vee light Italian salad dressing|
|2 (16 oz each) cans Hy-Vee canned potatoes, drained, halved|
|1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|8 to 10 kabob skewers*|
|4 ½ c. chopped watermelon|
|6 slices garlic bread|
- Cut steak in half and slice into 1/4-inch-wide strips.
- In mixing bowl, combine picante sauce and Italian salad dressing. Reserve 1/4 cup for basting kabobs on grill. Add steak slices to remaining sauce, stirring to coat.
- Thread kabob skewers with steak (accordion-style) alternately with potatoes and green pepper pieces.
- Place kabobs on grill over medium heat. Baste with reserved sauce. Cook 4 to 5 minutes. Turn and baste with remaining sauce. Cook an additional 3 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Discard any remaining sauce. Serve with watermelon and garlic bread.
- *Note: If using wooden skewers, soak them in water at least 30 minutes before grilling.
640 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 35g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Sodium: 1590mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 59g
- Protein: 25g
Vitamin A 15%
Vitamin C 60%