30-Minute Steak and Potato Salad
Servings and Ingredients
|4||medium red potatoes, cut into quarters, or 1 pound baby gold potatoes, cut in half|
|2 tbsp.||plus 2 tsp canola oil, divided|
|2||(8 oz each) top sirloin steaks, 1-inch thick|
|Salt and ground black pepper, to taste|
|Bistro-Style Mustard Vinaigrette|
|1||large head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces (10 c.)|
|1||red onion, halved and sliced thinly|
|1 c.||sliced cremini mushrooms, wiped clean with a damp paper towel|
|½ c.||freshly shredded Parmesan cheese|
- To microwave potatoes, toss potatoes with 1-1/2 tablespoons oil in large microwave-safe bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave on HIGH until potatoes are tender, 5 to 10 minutes, shaking bowl halfway through.
- Meanwhile, to prepare steaks, pat steaks dry with paper towels and rub salt and pepper into the steak. Rub each side of steaks with 1/2 teaspoon canola oil.
- Heat remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking.
- Lay steaks in pan, leaving 1/4 inch between them. Cook, not moving steaks, until well browned, about 4 minutes. Using tongs, flip steaks and continue to cook until instant-read thermometer inserted in center registers 120 degrees for rare to medium-rare, 3 to 7 minutes. Remove steaks to platter and tent loosely with foil while the potatoes and salad.
- For potatoes, return skillet to high heat until just smoking. Add microwaved potatoes and cook until well browned, about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the onion and lettuce while the potatoes are browning in the skillet. When potatoes are fully browned, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To assemble salad, toss lettuce, red onion and mushrooms with 1/2 cup Bistro-Style Mustard Vinaigrette and divide among individual plates. Arrange potatoes on salads; sprinkle with Parmesan. Slice steak thinly against grain, discarding any fat and lay on top of salads. Pass remaining vinaigrette, separately.
570 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 30g
- Cholesterol: 55mg
- Sodium: 340mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 44g
- Protein: 33g
Vitamin A 270%
Vitamin C 45%