Spaghetti Squash Casserole
Servings and Ingredients
|1 spaghetti squash, halved, seeded|
|1 large yellow onion, diced|
|1 medium green bell pepper, seeded, chopped|
|1 medium red bell pepper, seeded, chopped|
|3 clove(s) garlic, minced|
|2 tbsp. Hy-Vee Select olive oil|
|2 (14.5 oz each) cans Hy-Vee Italian-style diced tomatoes|
|2 tsp. Hy-Vee Italian seasoning|
|½ tsp. crushed red pepper|
|1 c. Hy-Vee shredded mozzarella cheese|
|½ c. Hy-Vee shredded Parmesan cheese|
|Hy-Vee salt and Hy-Vee pepper, to taste|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a baking sheet. Place spaghetti squash cut-sides down on the prepared baking sheet. Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a sharp knife can be inserted with only a little resistance. Remove squash from oven and cool enough to be easily handled.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, sauté onion, bell peppers and garlic in olive oil over medium heat for 5 minutes. Stir in diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning and crushed red pepper. Simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Increase oven temperature to 375 degrees. Separate squash into strands using a fork. Discard skin. Stir together squash and tomato mixture.
- In a small bowl, stir together cheeses. Pour half of the squash mixture into the bottom of a greased 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Top with 1/2 the cheese mixture. Repeat layers.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and slightly browned. Let cool 10-15 minutes before serving.
150 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 8g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Sodium: 160mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 16g
- Protein: 7g
Vitamin A 40%
Vitamin C 120%