Spaghetti Squash and Tomato Sauce
Servings and Ingredients
|1 (5 pound) spaghetti squash|
|1 (26.5 oz) can Hunt's Spaghetti Sauce Cheese and Garlic|
|2 fresh tomatoes, cut into wedges|
|1 ½ c. sliced fresh portabella mushrooms|
|2 tsp. Hy-Vee garlic salt|
|1 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley|
|2 tbsp. Hy-Vee butter|
|½ c. Hy-Vee grated Parmesan cheese|
|Hy-Vee salt and Hy-Vee pepper to taste|
- Pierce squash several times with a knife. Place in a glass baking dish.
- Microwave on HIGH for 12 minutes, turning squash after 6 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine spaghetti sauce, tomatoes, mushrooms, garlic salt and parsley in a large skillet. Cook over medium heat.
- Cut squash lengthwise in half. Remove and discard seeds and fibers.
- Scrape insides of squash with a fork to form strands and place in a large bowl.
- Add butter and Parmesan to squash. Toss to coat.
- Pour spaghetti sauce over squash. Salt and pepper to taste.
300 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 9g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Sodium: 1070mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 49g
- Protein: 9g
Vitamin A 50%
Vitamin C 45%