Soy Oil Pie Crust
Servings and Ingredients
|1 c.||all-purpose flour (may use up to 1/2 c. whole wheat flour)|
|¼ c.||soy oil|
|2 tbsp.||plus 1 tsp cold water|
- Put flour in small mixing bowl. Add soy oil and water and immediately stir with fork. Make sure that all flour is incorporated.
- Form into a ball. Flatten ball and place between 2 sheets of waxed paper. Roll out to a circle 1-inch bigger on all sides than an inverted 8-inch or 9-inch pie pan.
- Remove top sheet of waxed paper. Invert pastry into pie pan. Remove remaining sheet of paper, smooth pastry to fit the pan and crimp the edges.
- Fill with pie filling and bake. For pie shell, bake at 425 degrees for about 15 minutes.
- Recipe may be doubled for a 2-crust pie.
117 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 0mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 12g
- Protein: 2g
Iowa Soybean Promotion Board.