Double-Crust Apple Pie
Servings and Ingredients
|½ c. Hy-Vee granulated sugar|
|¼ c. packed Hy-Vee brown sugar|
|3 tbsp. Hy-Vee flour|
|1 tsp. Hy-Vee ground cinnamon|
|¼ tsp. Hy-Vee nutmeg|
|¼ tsp. Hy-Vee ginger|
|7 c. thinly sliced peeled Granny Smith apples|
|1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice|
|Pastry for double-crust 9-inch pie|
|1 tbsp. Hy-Vee butter, cut up|
|1 egg white|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl stir granulated sugar, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger; set aside.
- In a large bowl toss apples with lemon juice. Add sugar mixture and toss to coat.
- Place 1 pie pastry in the bottom of 9-inch pie plate. Fill with apple mixture and dot with cut-up butter.
- Lay remaining pastry on top of apples. Trim edges; seal and flute edges. Cut slits in top of pastry.
- Beat egg white and brush over top of pastry. Sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Cover edges loosely with foil and bake 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 25 to 30 minutes or until crust is golden.
- Cool on wire rack.
390 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 18g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Sodium: 170mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 55g
- Protein: 4g
Vitamin A 2%
Vitamin C 8%
Hy-Vee Seasons Comfort Foods Cookbook.