Soy Blueberry Muffins
Servings and Ingredients
|1 ½ c.||flour (may be all or part whole wheat)|
|½ c.||soy flour|
|2 tsp.||baking powder|
|⅓ c.||brown sugar|
|2 tbsp.||soy oil|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In large mixing bowl, stir together well the flour, soy flour, baking powder, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- In small mixing bowl, whisk together soymilk, egg whites and oil. Pour into dry ingredients and mix just until blended.
- Stir blueberries into batter. If using frozen berries, do not thaw first.
- Divide batter among 12 nonstick or lightly greased muffin cups. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 to 18 minutes, until golden and center tests done. Remove from pan immediately.
- Lemon Blueberry Muffins: Prepare as above, omitting cinnamon. Add finely grated peel of 1 lemon.
Iowa Soybean Promotion Board.