If desired, prepare Zucchini and Radish Fridge Pickles: Bring water, sugar, garlic, kosher salt, fennel and caraway seeds to boiling in a small sauce pan, stirring until sugar and salt dissolve. Remove from heat; stir in ice and apple cider vinegar. Split mixture between two medium bowls. Add zucchini and 2 sprigs fresh dill to one bowl and radishes and 2 sprigs fresh dill to the other bowl. Cover each bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour before using.
Sliced Turkey Sandwich
Servings and Ingredients
|Zucchini and Radish Fridge Pickles|
|⅓ c.||Hy-Vee sugar|
|3 clove(s)||garlic, peeled, thinly sliced|
|2 tbsp.||Hy-Vee kosher sea salt|
|½ tsp.||fennel seeds|
|½ tsp.||caraway seeds|
|1 c.||apple cider vinegar|
|1||medium zucchini, thinly sliced|
|4||radishes, thinly sliced|
|4 sprig(s)||dill, divided|
|1||(20-oz) pkg boneless turkey breast tenderloins|
|2 tsp.||Dijon mustard|
|½ c.||Hy-Vee chopped walnuts|
|Hy-Vee olive oil nonstick spray|
|2 tbsp.||Hy-Vee plain Greek yogurt|
|2 tbsp.||jarred sun-dried tomatoes, rinsed|
|Hy-Vee salt, to taste|
|4||Hy-Vee Bakery whole grain hamburger buns|
|1 ⅓ c.||green leaf lettuce, thinly sliced|
|1||medium tomato, thinly sliced|
|½||medium red onion, thinly sliced|
Things To Grab
- Small saucepan
- 2 medium bowls
- Plastic wrap
- Silicone pastry brush
- Shallow dish
- Baking pan
- Meat thermometer
- Cutting board
- Blender or food processor
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Brush tenderloins with mustard. Place nuts in a shallow dish and press tenderloin into nuts, turning to coat evenly.
- Spray a baking pan with cooking spray and add prepared tenderloins. Roast, uncovered, for 40 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Transfer tenderloins to a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes. Cut into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- Combine water, yogurt and sun-dried tomatoes in a blender or small food processor for the sandwich spread. Blend until smooth. Place in a small bowl. Season with salt to taste.
- Spread 1 tbsp. sandwich spread on cut sides of each bun. Top bun bottoms with lettuce, tomato, onion, turkey and, if desired, Zucchini and Radish Fridge Pickles. Add bun tops.
Amounts Per Serving
Vitamin A 25%
Vitamin C 20%