Servings and Ingredients
|¼ c. oil|
|1 to 2 onions, chopped|
|1 to 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef|
|1 (14 oz) can peeled tomatoes|
|2 to 3 pounds potatoes|
|salt and pepper, to taste|
- Preheat oven to 400 to 450 degrees.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add ground beef and brown. Drain.
- Stir in tomatoes. Cook over medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes. Pour into a large casserole dish.
- Meanwhile, peel potatoes and boil. Drain. Add enough milk, salt, pepper and butter to mash to a firm consistency.
- Spread mashed potatoes over the meat mixture. Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until the potatoes are golden brown.