Skillet Shepherd's Pie
One pan is all you need for this family favorite. Serve it family-style, straight from the skillet.
Servings and Ingredients
|1||(15-oz.) pkg. refrigerated fully cooked beef roast with au jus|
|1||shallot, cut into thin wedges|
|1 c.||petite carrots|
|1 c.||Hy-Vee frozen sweet peas, thawed|
|1||(12-oz.) jar Hy-Vee chicken gravy|
|1||(24-oz.) pkg. refrigerated sour cream and chive mashed potatoes|
Things To Grab
- Cutting board
- Liquid measuring cup
- 10-inch skillet with lid
- Medium microwave-safe bowl
- Remove beef from package; place on cutting board. Pour au jus into a 1-cup glass measuring cup. Add water to total 1 cup.
- In a 10-inch skillet, cook shallots in au jus mixture over medium heat until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place carrots and peas in a microwave-safe bowl with a small amount of water. Cover and cook on HIGH until crisp-tender, 3 to 5 minutes; drain and set aside. Cut beef into bite-size pieces; set aside.
- When vegetables are cooked, heat mashed potatoes in microwave on HIGH until heated through, about 3 minutes, or according to package directions.
- When shallot is tender, stir beef, vegetables and gravy into skillet. Top with mashed potatoes. Cover and heat through.
390 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 16g
- Cholesterol: 80mg
- Sodium: 1450mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 38g
- Protein: 25g
Vitamin A 45%
Vitamin C 8%
Hy-Vee Seasons Spring 2014.