Servings and Ingredients
|2 packed c. grated raw potato or thawed frozen hash browns|
|½ tsp. salt|
|1 egg white, lightly beaten|
|1 c. chopped onion*|
|2 clove(s) garlic, minced|
|½ tsp. salt|
|Black pepper, to taste|
|½ tsp. dried basil leaves|
|¼ tsp. dried thyme leaves|
|1 medium cauliflower, cut into small pieces, to equal 2 c.*|
|1 packed c. shredded cheddar cheese, divided|
|¼ c. milk|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray 9-inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray and coat with oil.
- Combine raw potato, salt and egg white for crust. Pat into pie plate bottom and up sides. Bake 25 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- While crust is baking, spray a skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Add onion,* garlic, salt, pepper, basil and thyme to pan and saute for 7 to 10 minutes. Add cauliflower*; stir and cover. Cook until tender, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese onto baked crust; it is OK if the crust is still hot. Spoon vegetables* on top of cheese layer and top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Mix eggs and milk. Pour over vegetables and cheese. Bake 35 to 40 minutes at 350 degrees or until set.
- *Note: Use any combination of chopped vegetables to equal 3 cups. This can include onions, cauliflower as originally called for, and/or mushrooms, zucchini, red bell peppers, asparagus, etc.