Fresh mangoes, shrimp, white wine—everything about this easy recipe makes us feel like we're on vacation.
Servings and Ingredients
|1 lbs. fresh or frozen medium shrimp in shells, remove tails if desired|
|1 c. Hy-Vee orange juice|
|1 c. dry white wine|
|1 tsp. Hy-Vee kosher salt|
|3 tbsp. Hy-Vee Select olive oil|
|2 tbsp. Hy-Vee Select red wine vinegar|
|1 tsp. Hy-Vee Dijon mustard|
|1 tsp. Hy-Vee honey|
|3 c. chopped, peeled and seeded mangoes (3 medium), divided|
|Pinch Hy-Vee salt|
|Water, as needed|
|2 c. baby salad greens|
|1 (15 ounce) can Hy-Vee mandarin oranges, drained|
|¼ c. finely sliced shallot (2 medium)|
|2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro|
|6 radicchio leaves, for garnish|
|Lime wedges, for garnish|
|Tortilla chips, for serving|
- Thaw shrimp if frozen. Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact. Rinse shrimp and pat dry with paper towels; set aside.
- In a large skillet, combine orange juice, wine and salt. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Add shrimp and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp are opaque. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a shallow dish. Chill for 10 minutes. Discard remaining liquid in skillet.
- For mango dressing, in a blender combine oil, vinegar, mustard, honey, 1/3 cup mango and pinch salt. Cover and blend until smooth. If needed, add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, to achieve desired consistency.
- In a large bowl, toss together remaining 2 2/3 cups mango, salad greens, mandarin oranges, shallot, cilantro and 1/3 cup dressing. Toss to coat.
- To serve, divide salad among six 6-ounce glasses or bowls; top with remaining dressing. If desired, garnish with radicchio leaves and lime wedges. Serve salads with tortilla chips.
240 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 6g
- Cholesterol: 70mg
- Sodium: 590mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 33g
- Protein: 10g
Vitamin A 40%
Vitamin C 120%
Hy-Vee Seasons Holiday 2016