Prosciutto-Wrapped Roasted Asparagus
As a side dish or appetizer, these little bundles of joy are a sure way to get the family to try asparagus. We like to serve the balsamic syrup as a dipping sauce, but you can also drizzle it over the top.
Servings and Ingredients
|¼ c. Hy-Vee Select balsamic vinegar|
|1 tsp. Hy-Vee honey|
|1 lbs. fresh asparagus, trimmed|
|1 tbsp. Hy-Vee Select extra-virgin olive oil|
|⅛ tsp. Hy-Vee salt|
|⅛ tsp. freshly ground Hy-Vee black pepper|
|6 oz. thinly sliced prosciutto|
|Crumbled shallot and chive cheese, goat cheese or blue cheese, optional|
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place balsamic vinegar and honey in a small heavy saucepan. Simmer over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until reduced and slightly syrupy. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Place asparagus in a 15-by-10-by-1-inch baking pan. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss to coat.
- Roast 10 minutes, stirring once. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Wrap one piece of prosciutto around 4 to 5 asparagus spears. Repeat with remaining asparagus and prosciutto.
- Place bundles on the baking pan and roast for 5 to 6 minutes, turning half-way through or until prosciutto is lightly browned and starting to crisp.
- Arrange on a serving platter. Serve balsamic syrup on the side. Sprinkle with cheese, if desired.
60 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Sodium: 490mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 3g
- Protein: 5g
Vitamin A 4%
Vitamin C 2%
Hy-Vee Seasons Spring 2011.