Prosciutto-Wrapped Pork Loin with Red-Hot Apples
Three ounces of thinly sliced prosciutto is all it takes to make the best pork loin you've ever had. As for the red hot apples, we know it sounds weird to add cinnamon candies, but trust us, it works.
Servings and Ingredients
|1 (3 pound) boneless pork top loin roast|
|1 tsp. Hy-Vee kosher salt, plus additional for seasoning|
|½ tsp. Hy-Vee freshly ground black pepper, plus additional for seasoning|
|3 oz. thinly sliced prosciutto|
|2 sprig(s) fresh rosemary, optional|
|4 c. water|
|1 c. Hy-Vee cherry preserves|
|¾ c. Hy-Vee cinnamon imperial candies|
|6 firm tart cooking apples, cored and quartered|
|Fresh sage, for garnish|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Trim fat from pork. Season with salt and pepper. Wrap prosciutto slices around pork in single layer; tie in several places with 100-percent-cotton heavy kitchen string. If desired, tuck rosemary sprigs under twine.
- Place pork on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Insert an ovenproof meat thermometer in center of roast.
- Roast, uncovered, for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until thermometer registers 145 degrees. Transfer pork to a serving platter. Cover loosely with foil; let rest for 20 minutes before slicing.
- For red-hot apples, in a large saucepan combine water, preserves and candies. Cook and stir over low heat until candies are dissolved. Add apples. Simmer, uncovered, for 20 to 30 minutes or until apples are tender, stirring occasionally. Using slotted spoon, remove apples and keep warm.
- Bring preserves mixture to a boil; reduce heat. Gently boil until reduced to 2/3 cup. Remove strings from pork; slice and serve with apples and preserves. If desired, garnish with sage.
680 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 11g
- Cholesterol: 150mg
- Sodium: 720mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 88g
- Protein: 56g
Vitamin A 2%
Vitamin C 15%
Hy-Vee Seasons Holiday 2016.