Apple, Pecan and Cinnamon Stuffed Pork Loin Roulade
Servings and Ingredients
|3 c.||(3/4-inch) cubed Hy-Vee Baking Stone raisin and pecan bread|
|4 tbsp.||Hy-Vee Select olive oil, divided|
|¼ c.||yellow onion, diced|
|½ c.||celery, diced|
|1 clove(s)||garlic, minced|
|½||medium Granny Smith apple, seeded and diced|
|¼ c.||Hy-Vee apple cider|
|¼ c.||Hy-Vee pecan pieces|
|1||Hy-Vee large egg|
|5 clove(s)||garlic, minced, divided|
|2 to 3 sprigs fresh rosemary, chopped|
|3 lbs.||pork loin roast|
|Hy-Vee salt and Hy-Vee pepper, to taste|
|1 tbsp.||Hy-Vee butter|
|1 c.||Hy-Vee beef stock|
|2 tbsp.||Hy-Vee Select 100% pure maple syrup|
|1 tsp.||Hy-Vee ground cinnamon|
Things To Grab
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Lay bread cubes in a single layer on cookie sheet; bake 15 minutes or until toasted and crunchy. Set aside.
- In a sauté pan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, celery, 1 clove garlic and apple. Sauté 3 to 5 minutes or until softened but not brown. Stir in apple cider and pecans. Cook an additional minute on medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl whisk egg. Add toasted bread cubes and toss to coat. Add apple mixture and combine; set aside.
- Combine 5 minced cloves of garlic with rosemary in a small bowl; set aside.
- Butterfly-slice pork loin trying to attain a thickness of about 1/2-inch. “Unroll” meat and season with salt and pepper. Spoon stuffing mixture onto pork and press. Roll meat and stuffing into a log. Secure with cooking twine looped around the roll about every inch to an inch-and-a-half and then lengthwise.
- Press garlic-rosemary mixture onto meat on all sides. In a large fry pan heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil on medium-high. Sear all sides of the loin, about 5 to 8 minutes. Transfer browned loin to a roasting pan or Dutch oven, fat side up.
- Deglaze pan with butter, beef stock, syrup and cinnamon. Stir for 2 to 3 minutes. Pour pan juices into roasting pan.
- Roast covered about 1-1/2 to 2 hours in 300-degree oven or until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees. Remove from oven and let rest. Remove twine and slice meat.
560 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 26g
- Cholesterol: 180mg
- Sodium: 310mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 25g
- Protein: 55g
Vitamin A 4%
Vitamin C 4%
Hy-Vee Seasons Fall 2012.