For an easy seafood dinner, buy lobster tails from Hy-Vee and halve them with a knife. Toss on the grill just a few minutes per side to cook perfectly.
Servings and Ingredients
|4||(6 to 8 oz each) lobster tails, halved lengthwise|
|1 tbsp.||Hy-Vee Select olive oil|
|½ tsp.||Hy-Vee kosher sea salt|
|1||cedar grilling plank|
|Tarragon Butter, see recipe|
Things To Grab
- Brush lobster tail halves with olive oil and season with salt; let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Grease the rack of a charcoal or gas grill.
- Prepare a charcoal or gas grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat on one side and low heat on the other. Place plank directly over medium-high heat and warm for 2 to 3 minutes, turning occasionally, until wood is lightly toasted on both sides. Move plank to the low heat side.
- Grill lobster tail halves cut side down on a well-greased grate until grill marks form, about 3 minutes. Turn lobster tail halves over onto plank and cook, lid closed, until the meat is white and firm, about 8 more minutes. Brush cut side of lemon halves with oil and grill over direct medium heat, cut side down, for 1 minute or until marks form. Cut lemon halves into quarters.
- Serve lobster tail halves with lemon and Tarragon Butter.
- TARRAGON BUTTER: In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup softened Hy-Vee butter with 1 tablespoon finely chopped tarragon leaves, 1 tablespoon parsley, 1 teaspoon lemon zest, and 1 teaspoon finely minced shallot or chives.
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 30g
- Cholesterol: 215mg
- Sodium: 640mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 8g
- Protein: 45g
Medium to full-bodied, oaked or unoaked, Chardonnay ranges in aroma and flavors from lemon, grapefruit, and pineapple, to vanilla, toast, coconut, and toffee. Pair with roast chicken, turkey, salmon, trout, salads, and cheeses like farmhouse cheddar, provolone, and swiss.