Peanut Butter Chocolate Tart
Just one bite of this delightfully rich cheesecake dessert, and your guests will know how much they're loved.
Servings and Ingredients
|1 ¼ c.||finely crushed Hy-Vee graham crackers (about 21 squares)|
|1 c.||Hy-Vee roasted salted peanuts|
|⅓ c.||Hy-Vee granulated sugar|
|½ c.||Hy-Vee unsalted butter, melted|
|6 oz.||bittersweet chocolate, chopped|
|½ c.||Hy-Vee heavy whipping cream|
|1 c.||Hy-Vee creamy peanut butter|
|1||(8 oz) pkg Hy-Vee cream cheese, softened|
|1 ¼ c.||Hy-Vee powdered sugar|
|¼ c.||Hy-Vee heavy whipping cream|
|Peanuts, for garnish|
|Marshmallow Creme Blossoms, for garnish|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, combine crushed crackers, peanuts and granulated sugar. Cover and pulse to form fine crumbs. Add melted butter; cover and pulse to combine. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until crust is light brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- For ganache, place chocolate in a medium bowl. In a small saucepan, bring heavy whipping cream just to boiling over medium-high heat. Remove from heat; pour over chocolate in bowl (do not stir). Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir until smooth. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, place peanut butter and cream cheese in a medium mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Gradually add powdered sugar; beat until smooth. Add cream; continue beating until smooth.
- Add filling to crust, spreading evenly. Spread ganache over top. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 24 hours.
- Just before serving, sprinkle additional peanuts and pipe small mound of Marshmallow Creme Blossoms on top. Use a torch to lightly toast blossoms. To serve, cut tart into wedges.
- Marshmallow Creme Blossoms: In a 2-quart top of a double boiler, combine 1/2 cup Hy-Vee granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons water, 1 egg white and 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar. Place top pan over simmering water. Cook, beating constantly with an electric mixer on high for 10 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer registers 160 degrees. Remove top pan from heat; add 1/3 cup marshmallow creme and 1/2 teaspoon Hy-Vee vanilla extract. Beat about 1 minute more or until mixture is fluffy and holds soft peaks. Spoon into pastry bag fitted with plain pastry tip.
570 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 39g
- Cholesterol: 60mg
- Sodium: 250mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 53g
- Protein: 9g
Vitamin A 15%
Vitamin C 0%
Hy-Vee Seasons Holiday 2016.