Chocolate-Peanut Butter Protein Bars
These no-bake bars combine the goodness of high-quality whey protein and dark chocolate in one bite. Whey protein powder helps refuel your body after workouts with critical amino acids and nutrients you need to maintain good health.
Servings and Ingredients
|1 c.||chopped dried pitted dates|
|1 c.||Hy-Vee creamy peanut butter|
|½ c.||flaxseed meal|
|½ c.||unsweetened coconut flakes|
|⅓ c.||coconut oil, slightly melted|
|2 tbsp.||Hy-Vee honey|
|2 tsp.||Hy-Vee vanilla extract|
|1 c.||chocolate-peanut butter whey protein*|
|¾ c.||Hy-Vee 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips|
|Additional dark chocolate, melted; optional|
- Line an 8-by-8-inch pan with foil, extending foil about 1 inch over edges of pan; set aside.
- Place dates, peanut butter, flaxseed meal, coconut flakes, coconut oil, honey and vanilla and whey protein in a food processor. Cover and process until thoroughly combined.
- Transfer mixture to prepared pan, pressing evenly in pan. Cover and chill.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan melt chocolate over medium-low heat until smooth. Spread onto bars. Cover and chill for 30 minutes or until chocolate is set.
- Using the edges of the foil, lift uncut bars out of pan; turn over and remove foil. If desired, drizzle additional dark chocolate over top. Cut into 4-by-1-inch bars. If storing bars, chill again until chocolate sets up. Wrap individual bars in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- *Note: nutrition varies among different brands of whey powder. For this recipe we used New Solutions Nutrition brand.
270 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 17g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Sodium: 85mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 22g
- Protein: 11g
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0%
Hy-Vee Seasons Health 2015.