Pasta Salad with Basil Dressing
Servings and Ingredients
|½ c. fresh basil leaves|
|1 clove(s) garlic, chopped|
|½ tbsp. olive oil|
|1 tbsp. vinegar|
|½ c. nonfat yogurt|
|1 (10.5 oz) pkg silken tofu|
|1 lbs. asparagus, cut in 1-inch pieces, with base of stems discarded|
|2 c. frozen peas|
|16 oz. corkscrew pasta, cooked, drained and rinsed|
- In a blender, chop basil leaves with garlic, using "on" and "off" turns and scraping down the sides, until finely chopped.
- Add olive oil, vinegar and yogurt. Blend again. Add silken tofu and whirl until very smooth. Refrigerate dressing until ready to use.
- Blanch the asparagus for 1 minute in a large pot of boiling water. After 1 minute, add frozen peas.
- Stir a few seconds, then drain the vegetables well.
- Toss vegetables with cooked pasta in a large serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
- To serve, toss the salad with a large fork and spoon to separate the corkscrews. Add dressing and toss to coat well.
- You can add the dressing awhile before serving, but the pasta will absorb much of the dressing. Tastes great, but may not be as creamy. If preferred, can toss the pasta with 1 tablespoon oil to keep it from sticking and to lessen the amount of dressing absorbed.
195 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 48mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 34g
- Protein: 10g
Iowa Soybean Promotion Board.