A healthier version of the classic! Breaded eggplant slices are baked, not pan-fried, for a crispy texture with fewer calories and less fat.
Servings and Ingredients
|½ c. light mayonnaise|
|1 tbsp. minced green onion|
|1 (1 pound) eggplant, unpeeled and cut into 1/2-inch round slices|
|⅓ c. Italian seasoned breadcrumbs|
|⅓ c. Hy-Vee grated Parmesan cheese|
|Marinara sauce, heated, for serving|
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine mayonnaise and green onion in small bowl. Spread over both sides of eggplant slices.
- Combine breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese in a shallow dish. Dredge eggplant slices in breadcrumb mixture.
- Arrange breaded eggplant slices on a baking sheet that has been coated with cooking spray.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Turn slices over and bake for another 12 minutes or until golden in color. Serve with marinara sauce.
115 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Sodium: 404mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 17.9g
- Protein: 4.9g
CBS Early Show.