Servings and Ingredients
|6 tsp. flour|
|2 tsp. salt|
|¼ tsp. black pepper|
|2 lbs. round steak, cut into serving size pieces|
|4 tbsp. shortening|
|4 medium onions, chopped|
|½ c. chopped celery|
|1 clove(s) garlic, crushed|
|¾ c. chili sauce|
|¾ c. water|
|1 green bell pepper, sliced|
|hot cooked noodles, for serving|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper. Rub onto steak pieces.
- Heat shortening in a large skillet. Brown steaks and onions. Transfer to a baking dish.
- Sprinkle steaks with celery and garlic. Stir together chili sauce and water and pour on top.
- Cover and bake for 2 hours.
- Add green bell pepper slices. Return to oven and bake another 30 minutes.
- Serve over hot cooked noodles, if desired.