Servings and Ingredients
|1 lbs. ground round|
|¼ c. finely chopped onion|
|3 tbsp. fine dry bread crumbs|
|1 egg white|
|¼ tsp. beef bouillon granules|
|¼ tsp. pepper|
|½ tsp. salt|
|1 tsp. margarine|
|8 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced|
|1 small onion, sliced thinly and separated into rings|
|1 (14.25 oz) can no-salt-added beef broth|
|2 tbsp. low-sodium Worcestershire sauce|
|2 tbsp. water|
|1 tbsp. cornstarch|
- Combine ground round, chopped onion, bread crumbs, egg white, beef bouillon, pepper and salt. Shape into four 3/4-inch-thick patties.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat.
- Cook patties 5 minutes on each side. Remove from skillet, pat dry and set aside.
- Wipe out skillet. Melt margarine over medium-high heat.
- Saute mushrooms and onion rings until tender.
- Stir in beef broth and Worcestershire sauce and simmer 5 minutes.
- Return patties to skillet. Cover pan, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Remove patties from skillet with slotted spoon. Place patties on a platter; set aside and keep warm.
- Combine water and cornstarch. Add to skillet. Bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute or until thickened, stirring constantly. Spoon over patties and serve immediately.