Marinated Hy-Waiian Ham and Cheese Sandwiches
Servings and Ingredients
|½ c.||Hy-Vee unsalted butter|
|2 tbsp.||minced onion|
|2 tbsp.||packed Hy-Vee brown sugar|
|1 tbsp.||Hy-Vee mustard|
|1 tbsp.||poppy seeds|
|2 tsp.||Hy-Vee Worcestershire sauce|
|¼ tsp.||Hy-Vee garlic powder|
|1 packet(s)||Hy-Vee Hy-Waiian sweet dinner rolls (12 rolls)|
|Hy-Vee mayonnaise, as needed|
|½ lbs.||thinly sliced deli ham|
|½ lbs.||sliced Swiss cheese|
- Line a 9-by-13-inch baking with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Saute onion until softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in brown sugar, mustard, poppy seeds, Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder; set aside.
- Slice buns in half horizontally. Place bottom buns in prepared pan and spread buns with mayonnaise and top with ham, cheese and top buns. Pour butter mixture on tops of buns. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove sandwiches from refrigerator and discard plastic wrap. Cover tightly with foil and bake 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Carefully lift sandwiches out with foil and slice into individual sandwiches.
250 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 15g
- Cholesterol: 55mg
- Sodium: 400mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 19g
- Protein: 12g
Vitamin A 8%
Vitamin C 0%