Toasted Vegetable-Cheese Sandwiches
Servings and Ingredients
|¼ c. Hy-Vee light mayonnaise|
|1 tbsp. prepared pesto|
|¼ tsp. freshly ground Hy-Vee black pepper|
|ground red pepper|
|Butter-flavored cooking spray|
|4 tbsp. garlic-and-herb cheese spread, such as Boursin|
|8 slice(s) sourdough bread|
|⅔ c. roasted red pepper strips|
|16 thin slices zucchini|
|1 c. baby spinach leaves|
- Stir together mayonnaise, pesto, black pepper and ground red pepper.
- Spray one side of each bread slice with butter-flavored cooking spray and place sprayed-side-down on a baking sheet.
- Spread cheese spread on four slices of bread. Layer pepper strips, zucchini and spinach on top of cheese spread.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture on remaining bread slices and place mayonnaise-side down on top of the sandwiches.
- Broil sandwiches until golden on both sides, about 2 minutes per side, being careful when turning the sandwiches.
390 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 12g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Sodium: 930mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 56g
- Protein: 12g
Vitamin A 35%
Vitamin C 40%
Hy-Vee Seasons Health 2011.