Make a large batch of these meaty and cheesy lasagna rolls, and freeze them to help make quick dinners on busy days.
Servings and Ingredients
|16||uncooked lasagna noodles|
|1 lbs.||lean (at least 80%) ground beef|
|½ lbs.||bulk pork sausage|
|½ c.||chopped onion|
|1 ½ c.||tomato pasta sauce|
|2||(15 oz each) containers ricotta cheese|
|1||(9 oz) box Green Giant frozen spinach, thawed, drained and squeezed dry|
|2 tsp.||dried basil leaves or Italian seasoning|
|Sauce and cheese (for baking roll-ups)|
|3 c.||tomato pasta sauce|
|2 c.||shredded mozzarella cheese (8 oz)|
- In 5-quart Dutch oven, cook lasagna noodles as directed on package. Drain; rinse with hot water. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet, cook beef, sausage and onion over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in 1 1/2 cups pasta sauce. Reduce heat to low; simmer uncovered 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- In small bowl, mix ricotta cheese, spinach, basil and egg. Spread about 3 tablespoons ricotta mixture over each cooked lasagna noodle to within 1 inch of one short end. Spoon about 1/4 cup meat mixture over ricotta mixture on each. Roll up firmly toward unfilled end. Line 15-by-10-by-1-inch pan with foil. Place roll-ups, seam side down, on pan; cover loosely with foil. Freeze about 30 minutes or until firm.
- Place frozen rolls in airtight freezer container; label. Freeze up to 3 months.
- To bake 16 lasagna roll-ups, spray two 13-by-9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dishes with cooking spray. Remove roll-ups from freezer bag; place 8 in each baking dish. Cover with foil; thaw in refrigerator at least 8 hours but no longer than 24 hours.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Pour 1 1/2 cups pasta sauce over and around roll-ups in each baking dish. Cover tightly with foil; bake 30 to 40 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Sprinkle each baking dish with 1 cup mozzarella cheese; bake uncovered 3 to 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Tip: You can actually bake any number of these tasty lasagna roll-ups that you need, using about 3 tablespoons of your favorite pasta sauce and about 2 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese for each roll-up you are baking.
- Tip: Since you won't use a whole jar of pasta sauce when preparing the roll-ups for the freezer, place remaining sauce in a freezer container; label and freeze. Thaw along with the roll-ups.
320 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 14g
- Cholesterol: 60mg
- Sodium: 350mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 27g
- Protein: 21g
Vitamin A 25%
Vitamin C 0%
www.bettycrocker.com, Hy-Vee weekly ad from the week of August 20, 2014.