Layered Mint Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
Servings and Ingredients
|7||Hy-Vee We All Scream! Mint Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches|
|15||Hy-Vee fudge filled Dunksters cookies, crushed, divided|
|1 pt.||Till the Cows Come Home chocolate ice cream|
|½ c.||prepared hot fudge sauce|
|⅓ c.||plus 3 tbsp creme de menthe baking bits, divided|
|1 pt.||Till the Cows Come Home mint ice cream, softened|
|1 pt.||Till the Cows Come Home vanilla bean ice cream, softened|
|1||(8-oz) container Hy-Vee whipped topping, thawed|
- Line a 9-inch springform pan with plastic wrap. Place a round 9-inch piece of parchment paper on the bottom of the pan.
- Unwrap the ice cream sandwiches and cut in half both lengthwise and widthwise, giving you 4 pieces each, 28 pieces total. Stand the sandwich pieces on end and line the border of the springform pan.
- Place all but 2 tablespoons of crushed cookies in the bottom of the springform pan and press to form crust. Place pan in freezer to harden.
- Remove pan from freezer and spread softened chocolate ice cream on top of crust. Drizzle hot fudge on top of ice cream and evenly distribute 1/3 cup creme de menthe pieces. Place in freezer until hardened.
- Evenly spread softened mint ice cream on top of creme de menthe layer and freeze until hardened.
- Evenly spread softened vanilla bean ice cream on top of mint ice cream layer.
- Evenly spread whipped topping on top of vanilla ice cream layer and garnish with remaining 2 tablespoons crushed cookies and 3 tablespoons creme de menthe baking pieces. Freeze until ready to serve.
- To serve, dip a knife in hot water and wipe clean before cutting into 10 even pieces.
730 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 37g
- Cholesterol: 85mg
- Sodium: 320mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 97g
- Protein: 11g
Vitamin A 15%
Vitamin C 0%
Chef Andrew from Ankeny #1