Gluten-Free Ice Cream Snack Cake
Have your cake and ice cream all in one delicious treat. For real, there's ice cream in the batter ... and the frosting!
Servings and Ingredients
|1||Hy-Vee Health Market Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake Mix|
|1 c.||melted Hy-Vee We All Scream New York Vanilla Ice Cream|
|3||Hy-Vee large eggs|
|1 c.||powdered sugar|
|3 tbsp.||butter, softened|
|3 tbsp.||melted Hy-Vee We All Scream New York Vanilla Ice Cream|
- Cake: Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray 8-inch metal cake pan with Hy-Vee nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour contents of cake mix into the bowl of an electric mixer. Add melted ice cream; mix on low until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 40 minutes, undisturbed, until sides pull away from pan and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Note: If oven is opened or toothpick is inserted into cake before it has completely baked, cake will deflate in the middle.
- Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Run a knife around edges; remove from pan. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- Frosting: In a medium bowl, combine powdered sugar and butter. Slowly add melted ice cream and whip for 2 to 3 minutes until light and fluffy. Spread evenly on top of cooled cake.
180 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 45mg
- Sodium: 220mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 31g
- Protein: 2g
Vitamin A 2%
Vitamin C 0%