Italian Tomato and Corn Salad
Servings and Ingredients
|4 ear(s) fresh corn, in the husks|
|3 tbsp. white wine vinegar|
|¼ c. Hy-Vee Select olive oil|
|1 clove garlic, minced|
|¼ c. minced fresh basil leaves|
|1 ½ tsp. salt, divided|
|¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper, or to taste|
|2 (10 ounces each) containers heirloom cherry tomatoes (may substitute cherry or grape tomatoes), halved or chopped|
- Peel husk back from corn, but do not remove. Remove silk and pull husks back over corn. Soak corn in a large bowl filled with water and 1 teaspoon salt for one hour.
- After one hour, drain corn and grill in husks over medium-high heat until outside of husks are charred and kernels are tender, about 25 minutes, turning occasionally. Remove from grill and cool.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid or a food storage container with a tight-sealing lid, combine vinegar, oil, garlic, basil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper; shake well to blend. Set aside.
- Discard husks and cut corn off cobs. Please in a large bowl with tomatoes. Toss gently with vinaigrette to coat. Season with additional salt and pepper if desired. Refrigerate until serving.
- Serve with red and yellow tortilla chips.
70 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
- Sodium: 290mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 5g
- Protein: 1g
modified from www.bonappetit.com