Grilled Corn, Sweet Onion and Tomato Salad with Blue Cheese
A perfect pairing with an IPA beer or a glass of Rose wine, grilled corn salad is the epitome of summer. If the blue cheese topping is not your thing, try it with feta cheese instead.
Servings and Ingredients
|¼ c.||white balsamic vinegar|
|¼ c.||chopped fresh basil leaves|
|2||cloves fresh garlic, minced|
|1 tsp.||salt, divided|
|½ tsp.||freshly ground black pepper, divided|
|½ c.||extra virgin olive oil|
|8||ears corn, grilled in the husk|
|1||sweet red onion, halved and thinly sliced|
|1 pt.||grape tomatoes, halved|
|4 oz.||Gorgonzola blue cheese, crumbled*|
|Fresh basil leaves, for garnish|
- Shuck sweet corn, and cut off kernels.
- Combine the vinegar, basil, garlic, sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1/4 teaspoon of pepper and oil in a blender and blend until smooth or whisk by hand with a wire whisk. This may be prepared 2 hours in advance and refrigerated.
- Combine the corn kernels, onion and tomatoes in a large bowl. Add the dressing and toss to coat, season with salt and pepper. Let sit at room temperature 30 minutes before serving.
- Top with crumbled blue cheese and garnish with basil sprigs just before serving. Salad may be served at room temperature or prepared one day in advance and served cold.
- *Tip: put your block of blue cheese in the freezer for one hour and then grate it over the salad.
290 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 20g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Sodium: 510mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 24g
- Protein: 7g