Corn, Cucumber and Tomato Salad
The secret to a really great salad can be summed up in two words: fresh herbs. For this one, we used fresh mint to bring out the flavors, but fresh basil would also work well.
Servings and Ingredients
|4||fresh ears of corn or 2 cups frozen Hy-Vee whole kernel corn, thawed|
|2 tbsp.||fresh lime juice|
|2 tbsp.||Hy-Vee Select olive oil|
|2 tbsp.||snipped fresh mint|
|½ tsp.||Hy-Vee granulated sugar|
|½ tsp.||Hy-Vee salt|
|¼ tsp.||white pepper|
|1||small red onion, quartered and thinly sliced|
|1 pt.||grape tomatoes|
|1 c.||chopped cucumber|
|½||fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped*|
- If using fresh corn, cut the kernels off the cobs. Cook fresh corn, covered, in small amount of boiling salted water 4 minutes or until tender. Drain. Cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, for dressing, combine lime juice, olive oil, mint, sugar, salt and white pepper in a small bowl; set aside.
- Stir together cooked fresh corn or thawed frozen corn, onion, tomatoes, cucumber and jalapeno pepper in large bowl. Add dressing; stir to coat.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
- *Note: Protect your hands with plastic gloves while handling fresh jalapeno pepper.
100 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 200mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 13g
- Protein: 2g
Vitamin A 8%
Vitamin C 20%
Hy-Vee Seasons Summer 2010.