Here's a quick version of the ever-so-delicious Chicken Cordon Bleu. Everyone loves food on a stick, and you don't need to be a chef to create it.
Servings and Ingredients
|½ c.||plus 3 tbsp Hy-Vee all-purpose flour, divided|
|2||Hy-Vee large eggs, lightly beaten|
|1 c.||plus 2 tbsp Hy-Vee skim milk, divided|
|1 c.||Hy-Vee panko crumbs|
|2 tbsp.||chopped fresh herbs, such as rosemary, sage, oregano and/or thyme|
|¾ tsp.||Hy-Vee kosher sea salt|
|½ tsp.||Hy-Vee black pepper|
|4||(1/4-inch thick) slices Di Lusso country-style ham (about 10 oz total)|
|3||(6 oz each) boneless, skinless chicken breasts|
|2 tbsp.||Di Lusso deli-style mustard|
|4 tbsp.||Hy-Vee butter, divided|
|1 c.||heavy whipping cream|
|4 oz.||Di Lusso smoked Gouda cheese*, shredded|
|1 lbs.||fresh green beans, trimmed and steamed|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a large baking pan with nonstick spray; set aside.
- Place 1/2 cup flour in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, stir together eggs and 2 tablespoons milk. In a third shallow bowl, combine panko crumbs, herbs, salt and pepper. Set all three bowls aside.
- Cut each ham slice into quarters; set aside. Cut each chicken breast into 1-1/2-inch chunks. Working in batches, coat chicken with flour. Dip in egg mixture; lastly coat with crumb mixture.
- Alternately thread crumb-coated chicken and ham onto eight 6-inch-long skewers. Arrange skewers on prepared pan.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter; combine with mustard. Brush onto skewered ham.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until chicken reaches 165 degrees.
- For smoked Gouda sauce, in a medium saucepan, melt 3 tablespoons butter over medium to medium-high heat. Whisk in 3 tablespoons flour until combined. Whisk in 1 cup milk and cream. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Whisk in cheese until smooth. Serve sauce with skewers and steamed green beans.
- *Have deli cut about a 1-inch slice of cheese so it can be easily shredded at home.
720 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 32g
- Cholesterol: 270mg
- Sodium: 3120mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 40g
- Protein: 65g
Vitamin A 40%
Vitamin C 30%
Hy-Vee Seasons Summer 2015.