Skewering the marinated chicken between slices of vegetables is a great way to make a quick and easy meal filled with vitamins and nutrients.
Servings and Ingredients
|1 lbs.||boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|1||(5.3 oz) container Hy-Vee plain Greek yogurt|
|⅓ c.||fresh lemon juice|
|3 clove(s)||garlic, minced|
|½ tsp.||Hy-Vee Italian seasoning|
|¼ tsp.||Hy-Vee ground cumin|
|½ tsp.||Hy-Vee salt|
|¼ tsp.||Hy-Vee black pepper|
|8||wooden or metal skewers|
|1||yellow onion, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|3||red, green and/or yellow bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|1||medium eggplant, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|Fresh herbs, for garnish|
- Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag set in a shallow dish; set aside.
- For marinade, in a small bowl combine yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, paprika, Italian seasoning, cumin, salt and black pepper. Add marinade to chicken in bag; seal bag. Turn to coat chicken. Marinate in the refrigerator at least 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, if using wooden skewers, soak skewers in water at least 30 minutes before grilling to prevent from burning. Prepare a charcoal or gas grill with lightly greased grill rack for direct cooking over medium-high heat.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Thread chicken, onion, bell peppers and eggplant onto skewers, leaving 1/4-inch space between pieces.
- Grill chicken and vegetable skewers for 10 to 12 minutes or until internal temperature of chicken is 165 degrees, turning occasionally. Garnish with fresh herbs before serving.
240 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 3.5g
- Cholesterol: 85mg
- Sodium: 360mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 19g
- Protein: 32g
Vitamin A 60%
Vitamin C 210%
Hy-Vee Seasons Summer 2016