Servings and Ingredients
|1 ½ c.||prepared Gritty Rice|
|2||egg whites, lightly beaten|
|1 tsp.||dried herbs or grated soy cheese, optional|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine Gritty Rice and egg whites in mixing bowl. Can add dried herbs or grated soy cheese, if desired.
- Press onto bottom and up sides of a nonstick or lightly oiled 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, until set and starting to turn golden.
- Remove from oven and fill with a savory pie or quiche filling and bake according to the recipe.
49 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 14mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 8g
- Protein: 2g
Iowa Soybean Promotion Board.