Grilled Veggie Ciabatta Sandwich
Servings and Ingredients
|2 tbsp.||plus 2 tsp Hy-Vee Select extra-virgin olive oil|
|2 tsp.||dried Italian seasoning|
|1 tbsp.||Hy-Vee Select balsamic vinegar|
|1||small eggplant, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch thick slices|
|1||medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch thick slices|
|1||medium yellow squash, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch thick slices|
|1||small red onion, cut into 1/2-inch thick rounds|
|Salt, to taste|
|4||individual ciabatta rolls, halved lengthwise|
|2||whole roasted red peppers, halved and seeded|
|4||(3/4 ounces each) slices low-fat mozzarella cheese|
|2 c.||arugula, loosely packed|
- Preheat grill to medium-high (350 degrees to 400 degrees). Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. For marinade, place 2 tablespoons oil plus Italian seasoning and vinegar in a small bowl; whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Place vegetables (except peppers) on a large baking sheet and brush with marinade; season with salt to taste.
- Transfer vegetables to grill rack. Grill 5 to 7 minutes until lightly marked; brush with marinade throughout and turn occasionally to mark all sides. Set extra marinade aside. Remove vegetables from grill, transfer to a plate, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, brush inside of ciabatta rolls lightly with remaining 2 teaspoons oil. Place rolls, cut side down, on grill to toast lightly.
- To assemble sandwich, arrange grilled vegetables on bottom halves of rolls. Top with roasted red pepper and cheese. Cover with tops of rolls; press down to hold. If desired, place sandwiches on grill; cover and heat to melt cheese.
- To serve, cut sandwiches in half diagonally, and serve with arugula tossed with reserved marinade.
380 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 13g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Sodium: 680mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 54g
- Protein: 14g