Grilled Chicken and Veggie Pizza
Grilling a pizza makes good use of your grill in those summer months when you need a change from burgers and brats. The crust becomes golden brown and charred when cooked on the grates.
Servings and Ingredients
|1 medium yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/4-inch thick|
|3 medium Roma tomatoes, sliced lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices|
|½ medium red onion, cut into 3/4-inch wedges|
|4 tbsp. Gustare Vita olive oil, divided|
|1 ½ tsp. Hy-Vee kosher salt, divided|
|¾ lbs. Hy-Vee True Chicken breast tenders|
|2 (6.5-oz. each) pkg. Hy-Vee pizza crust mix|
|⅓ c. Hy-Vee all-purpose flour|
|1 c. hot water|
|6 tbsp. Gustare Vita pesto, divided|
|1 c. Hy-Vee shredded Italian blend cheese|
|1 tsp. Hy-Vee lemon pepper seasoning|
|Fresh basil, for garnish|
Things To Grab
- Charcoal or gas grill
- 2 large baking sheets
- Meat thermometer
- Large bowl
- Saran wrap
- Rolling pin
- Brush grill grates and a grill wok or vegetable grate with cooking oil.
- Preheat grill and wok for direct cooking over high heat.
- On a large baking sheet place summer squash, tomatoes and onion; coat with 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil and season with 1 teaspoon kosher salt.
- On a separate baking sheet, place chicken and coat with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and season with 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt.
- Decrease grill heat to medium-high.
- Grill chicken tenders for 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Grill vegetables in wok about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally until tender and slightly charred.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl stir together pizza crust mix, flour and water until combined. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth, about 1 minute. Cover and let rest about 5 minutes. Divide dough in half. On lightly floured surface, roll out each half to roughly a 13-by-9-inch oval. Brush each side with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and place on baking sheets.
- Transfer pizza dough to grill. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until underside is golden brown and charred. With a large spatula, turn dough. Working quickly, spread 3 tablespoons pesto over each oval almost to edge. Arrange grilled vegetables and chicken over pesto. Top with cheese and lemon pepper seasoning. Grill until underside is golden and charred, about 3 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Garnish with basil, if desired.
390 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 16g
- Cholesterol: 35mg
- Sodium: 970mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 40g
- Protein: 20g
Vitamin A 6%
Vitamin C 15%
Hy-Vee Seasons Spring 2014