Grilled Hawaiian Volcano Pizza
Craving pizza? Skip the take-out and fire up your grill! This Grilled Hawaiian Volcano Pizza will have you wishing for more. Enjoy with an American Pale Ale or Torrontes wine.
Servings and Ingredients
|1||(6.5 oz) pkg Hy-Vee pizza crust mix|
|½ c.||hot water|
|1 tbsp.||Hy-Vee Select olive oil, divided|
|⅓ c.||Hy-Vee pizza sauce|
|1 c.||Hy-Vee shredded mozzarella cheese|
|½ lbs.||Graziano's Italian sausage, browned and drained|
|½ c.||diced fresh pineapple|
|1||Roma tomato, thinly sliced|
|Chopped fresh cilantro, optional|
- Prepare a clean grill to medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, stir pizza crust mix and hot water according to package directions. Cover and let rest 5 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll pizza dough into a 10-by-7-inch rectangle. Place on greased baking sheet. Brush with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil.
- Carefully transfer pizza dough, oiled-side-down, to hot grill grate. Brush top of crust with remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil. Grill 1 to 2 minutes or until bottom is golden and slightly charred, being careful not to burn. Using a pizza peel or large spatula, quickly flip crust; cook 1 to 2 minutes more or until golden. Remove from grill with a pizza peel or baking sheet.
- Top grilled crust with pizza sauce, cheese, cooked sausage, pineapple, tomato and jalapeno. Carefully slide pizza back onto grill. Cover and grill 3 to 4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove and top pizza with cilantro before serving.
470 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 24g
- Cholesterol: 55mg
- Sodium: 950mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 40g
- Protein: 23g
Vitamin A 20%
Vitamin C 35%