Grilled Fruit-On-A-Stick Ice Cream Sundae
Servings and Ingredients
|½ c.||orange juice|
|3 tbsp.||plus 1-1/2 tsp lime juice|
|¼ c.||plus 1 tsp rum|
|4 tbsp.||maple-flavored agave nectar|
|Prepared pineapple, mango and peaches for grilling*|
|Hy-Vee olive oil spray|
|Reduced-fat or slow churned ice cream or sorbet, sherbet or frozen Greek yogurt|
- For glaze: Combine orange juice, 3 tablespoons lime juice, 1/4 cup rum and agave in a microwave-safe glass bowl. Whisk well to combine. Microwave for 4 to 5 minutes, until bubbling and mixture has slightly thickened and reduced. Stir in additional 1 teaspoon lime juice and 1 teaspoon rum. Set aside.
- *To prepare fruit for grilling:
- Pineapple: Using pre-cut whole pineapples sold in produce department, cut pineapple through the core lengthwise. Cut each half into 3/4-inch wedges. Skewer onto kebab skewers, poking straight through the pineapple flesh, from tip to tip.
- Mango: Cut off the tips of a ripe mango. Peel with a vegetable peeler. Cut down along the sides of the mango, getting as close to the pit as possible. Repeat on all four sides to remove mango flesh. Cut into 1-inch long pieces. For each kebab, place two mango chunks next to one another on the kebab.
- Peach: Cut in half and remove pit. Poke skewer through the peach so that sides can lie in direct contact with the grill one placed on the grill grates.
- To grill fruit: Preheat grill over medium heat. Spray prepared kebabs with Hy-Vee olive oil spray. Grill kebabs for 4 minutes. Flip. Grill for an additional 2 minutes. Brush kebabs with glaze. Grill 1 more minute. Carefully remove kebabs from grill.
- Serve 1 or 2 kebabs per person, with one scoop of ice cream and an extra drizzle of glaze.