Servings and Ingredients
|1 tbsp.||chili powder|
|2 tsp.||ground cumin|
|2 tsp.||garlic powder|
|1 ½ tsp.||kosher salt|
|1 tsp.||freshly ground black pepper|
|2||(16 oz each) boneless top sirloin steaks|
|1 ½ tbsp.||extra-virgin olive oil|
|Lime wedges, for serving|
|3 ear(s)||fresh corn, husked|
|2||small zucchini, quartered lengthwise|
|4 oz.||green beans, trimmed|
|1||red bell pepper, quartered, seeded|
|3 tbsp.||extra-virgin olive oil, divided|
|Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|2 tbsp.||fresh lime juice|
|1||garlic clove, minced|
|3||green onions, thinly sliced|
- To prepare steaks:
- Mix chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt and pepper in small bowl to blend. Generously sprinkle 4 teaspoons of spice mixture all over each steak; reserve any remaining spice mixture for another use. Cover steaks and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to 1 day.
- Prepare barbecue for medium-high heat. Drizzle oil over steaks and grill until they are brown on both sides and cooked to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer steaks to carving board and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make succotash:
- Lay corn, zucchini, green beans and bell pepper on baking sheet and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of oil. Turn to coat vegetables with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill corn for 10 minutes, turning occasionally, or until corn kernels begin to char in spots. Grill zucchini, green beans, and bell pepper until charred in spots and crisp-tender, about 2 minutes for green beans and 5 minutes for zucchini and bell pepper.
- Cut corn kernels off cob; discard cob and transfer kernels to large bowl. Cut zucchini, green beans and bell pepper into bite-size pieces and add to bowl with corn.
- Whisk lime juice and garlic in small bowl to blend. Whisk in remaining 1 tablespoon of oil. Drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat. Toss in green onions. Season succotash to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve:
- Mound succotash on plates. Cut steaks crosswise into thin slices. Fan steak slices around succotash and serve with lime wedges.
Hy-Vee Seasons Back to School 2012.