Grilled Summer Salad Stuffed Avocados
Servings and Ingredients
|2 ear(s)||fresh corn, husked; silks removed|
|3 tbsp.||Hy-Vee Select olive oil, divided|
|Hy-Vee kosher salt and black pepper, to taste|
|3||avocados, halved, pits removed|
|1 c.||red and yellow cherry tomatoes, halved|
|2 tbsp.||chopped fresh basil|
|2 tbsp.||thinly sliced red onion|
|1 tbsp.||fresh lemon juice|
|1 tbsp.||Hy-Vee Select red wine vinegar|
|¼ c.||fresh basil leaves, for garnish|
- Prepare a charcoal or gas grill for direct cooking for medium-high heat. Rub corn with 1 tbsp oil; season with salt and pepper. Grill for 10 minutes or until grill marks form and corn is tender, turning occasionally. Remove corn from grill; cool.
- Brush flesh of avocados with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place avocado flesh directly on grates and grill for 3-4 minutes or until grill marks form. Remove avocado from grill and place flesh side up on a serving plate to cool.
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel ribbons of zucchini into a bowl. Remove kernels from cobs; add to bowl along with cherry tomatoes, chopped basil and red onion.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon of oil, lemon juice and red wine vinegar. Toss to coat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Evenly spoon salad on tops of grilled avocados and top with fresh basil leaves. Serve immediately.
260 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 22g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 15mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 17g
- Protein: 4g
Chef Andrew from Ankeny #1