Gluten-Free Cheese Crackers
With 4 simple ingredients, you can create your new favorite snack! If pepper jack cheese isn't your thing, replace it with your favorite type of shredded cheese.
Servings and Ingredients
|1||(10.5 oz) Betty Crocker Gluten-Free Pizza Crust Mix (yeast packet included)|
|2 c.||(8 oz) shredded pepper jack cheese|
|½ c.||cold Hy-Vee butter|
|6 tbsp.||cold water|
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add pizza crust mix (reserving yeast packet for another use), cheese, and butter. Using a pastry blender, or two knives, cut butter into cheese and pizza crust mixture. Add water 1 tablespoon at a time, making sure not to add too much (may need 1 tablespoon less or more). Combine, using hands, until dough sticks to itself, forming a ball.
- Split dough in half. Roll one half of dough between two pieces of parchment paper until 1/4-inch thick. Remove top piece of parchment paper, slide bottom piece of parchment paper with dough onto baking sheet. Use a pizza cutter to score 1-inch squares. Using a thin straw, remove the center of each square. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake crackers 12 to 15 minutes, or until crackers have set and lightly browned.
- Remove from oven. Immediately cut over scored lines with a pizza cutter to separate crackers. Allow to cool completely before serving.
160 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 9g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- Sodium: 230mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 14g
- Protein: 4g
Vitamin A 6%
Vitamin C 0%